Friday, April 17, 2009

Turn! Turn! Turn!- The Byrds

That song title just seems appropriate for now. All I have been wanting to do these past few days is a wake up to a rainy morning, spend the day in my pajamas, drink tea, eat pastries, and watch sleepless in seattle. Today is that kind of morning and I think I got just about everything on my list except for pajamas and the movie. My books were calling my name and can't go unread, but I did get a delicious pastry from Ravelin Bakery. It was a almond chocolate filled croissant...So so so good! We will have to visit the bakery if any of you make it out to denton. I can't believe I have lived for almost two years and not made it out to the bakery yet. So yummy! 

School is wrapping up and I am so thankful to finally see this semester come to a close. I am ready to pack up and head home, for what will probably be my last summer at the house. I am really looking forward to home, school, and work. I am not looking forward to seven a.m. class, but the fact that when it is over I can finally apply is what makes me so excited! 

I have decided to get a house here in denton in the fall with lovely girls that God brought to me. I am completely trusting God for a job in the fall, the opportunity to get into to nursing school, and where he wants me next summer. 

God has been showing me lots these past few weeks since New York. He has continued to show me the strength and sweetness in His name, and is showing Himself to me as Jehovah Rophi, Jehovah Jireh, and Jehovah M' Kaddesh, that is The Lord our Shepherd, The Lord our Provider, and The Lord who sanctifies. He has been speaking so loud and clear. More recently He has finally shown me as the bridegroom through music and verses. I have been praying for a long time to be able to see Him like this, and finally have been able to and it is really just amazing. 

I always seem to forget what everything is about. Praise. Praise! I wish I was not such a forgetful human being, who needed a constant reminder of my purpose, but I do at all times. I was reminded of this on wednesday that life is not mine, and not for me, but to fulfill God's purpose. 1 Chronicles 16:8-10- Give thanks to the LORD, call on His name; make known among the nations what he had done. Sing to Him, sing praise to Him; tell of all his wonderful acts. Glory in his holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. 

He also reminded me that everything is in His hands. Ecclesiastes 3:11-15-He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end. I know that nothing is better for them than to rejoice, and to do good in their lives, and also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor-it is the gift of God. I know that whatever God does, It shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, and nothing taken from it. God does it, that men should fear before Him. That which is had already been, and what is to be has already been; and God requires an account of what is past. 
Those scriptures really comforted me this past month or so. 

I love you girls and am so glad I get to spend time with yall tonight! 
Things I am excited about:
- Spending time with yall
- Getting my haircute
- Seeing the puppies soon
- Summer
- Snowcones
- Rangers game soon, dollar hot dog night!
- Listening to She & Him when I get into the car
- Warm weather
- That christmas is only 251 days away
- That I will have a house to decorate christmas next year! :0
- Baby Kaitlyn!!!!!
- Getting to wear scrubs :)

-


1 comment:

Whitt said...

i love you sweet sweet sister. you are such a breath of fresh air to my soul. I have a pair of scrubs for you :) :)