Saturday, December 26, 2009

As of Late.

Here I am once again. As I turn from the service road and began to cross the bridge I glance at my almost empty gas tank. I can’t help but think about how I have felt that same feeling at that moment one hundred times before. It’s like a bad habit that holds me down. My whole body melts and my heart sinks. To be in this place again, where I have closed my eyes and been running at what feels like a thousand miles an hour and then to wake up and realize I am in the same place I started. I do this to myself over and over, proverbs sixteen keeps ringing in my ears but I am too stubborn. I am quoting it with eloquence but words can be just that, something I’ve said but not actually done. I do not understand God’s love for me. Time after time I have grown impatient and planned my own thoughts and when my dreams and expectations don’t meet reality He has picked me up once again from my fragile and broken state.

No comments: