Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Blessed Assurance

I am so thankful for UNT. A challenging school but full of interesting people. I am so glad to be out of the bubble, but it is hard. I know what I believe and I believe it with all my heart. I was convicted to night though to know it more, so i will set off to the library first thing in the morning. 

God has given me so many challenging, but cool opportunities this semester. 
Last week our college group split into groups and traveled dorm to dorm. We wanted to serve the people of our community and knocked on doors asking if we could take out their trash for them. People were amazed that we actually wanted to do that for them. We also asked each if they had a prayer request and gave them more info about our church. The community was really open for the most part and people's reactions were so funny. It truly was so much fun though. 

Today a man was preaching on campus. He had drawn a huge crowd with people from all religions and it was more of a debate and question asking forum type thing in the middle of the campus green. Me and kristen decided to stop for just a few minutes but ended up being there for two and half hours. So many people are looking for answers. I am not adequate enough to talk to people but had the opportunity to talk with several atheist. Smart ones...they are so smart! And completely open. and they were surprised that many christians were willing to talk so openly and learn new things. I also had the opportunity to talk to two proclaimed satanist. At first the situation was completely hostile, but I know God was working in their lives. We shared both view points and she asked questions. We talked awhile, and she has been hurt my many christians. I hope she was able to see that God loves her in and out, and wants that perfect relationship with her.  The talk ended in the sharing of tattoos ideas, seeing pictures of her daughter, and a hug. God is working in denton and these people are searching for something more. 

I will being doing my research so i can further talk to these people and talk more. Even though I would give everything for what I believe it does not convince those who need the evidence.

For Me, I can not believe that my sin has been completely removed and forgotten. It is so amazing how God is continually showing His love for Us. 

It is well with my soul. 

1 comment:

Whitt said...

That is so great Kelsey. I understand that hunger to understand other religions so that you yourself can speak with them. It seems more people know about Chrisitanity and are jaded by it as opposed to us understand other religions. I have a world religions book from a class I took for my ethics credit at TCC. Your more than welcome to it if you would like. I also have some nursing books I am getting rid off (drug books, medical dictionary) and such if you would like them. I love you!! Your such a breath of fresh air