Tuesday, October 14, 2008

My Stronghold.

Sorry I Have not updated sooner. This week has been crazy. So much to read and study! In spite of everything though it has been wonderful. I was even able to see memaw, papa, and uncle bill today. 

God has been so faithful and merciful to me. He has been teaching me so many things, but mainly His Strength. The word strength has been rolling 
around in my head all semester. God truly is so strong. I know it sounds like the simplest, most elementary principle. Of course God is strong, but He has been revealing Himself to me in this way so often. 

Psalm 46:1-2 
      "God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way."

That is so incredibly powerful.  "though the earth give way." I really have no reason to fear this world. A world God created. It is easier said than done, but God is our strength and everything is made possible through Him. 

Psalm 62:6
"He only is my rock, and my salvation; He is my defense
; I shall not be moved."

I Love this verse. He is my Rock! He is our Rock! 

2 Corinthians 12:9
"and He said to me,  "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

I often fall into the thought that I have to be strong
 enough, even in my weakness, but He is my strength when I am weak. 

2 Corinthians 13:3
"since you seek a proof of Christ speaking in me, who is n
ot weak toward you, but mighty in you."

It's not my strength, but His. 

This is a just a sliver of things God has been showing me and His love truly is amazing. Of course when God is at work satan is too, as he tries to tear God's work down with stress of everything else and distraction, but one thing I know, God is bigger than satan and anything satan could wish to be. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------

I hope you girls know just how much I love you. Each of you is a un
ique blessing to me and influence me in different ways throughout your daily lives. I am so blessed with a wonderful family who is supportive and inspiring. Thank you for loving me in and out in spite of everything. I am so blessed. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A little under a month until I see this Man Live...I could not be more excited!




-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Only 70 Days until my Favorite Holiday










1 comment:

courtneylowe said...

KELS! you have such a beautiful spirit. This inspires me. Christmas...wow.